Frequently asked questions about renting a boat
Do you have a question about your boat rental? Quite likely it’s been asked before ;-). For a direct answer to your question, please search the overview below:
1. by subject (scroll down); OR
2. for a particular word (use the search function Ctrl-F: simultaneously press the “Ctrl” key and the “F” on your keyboard) .
General terms and conditions
1. Can I operate the boat myself? Do I need a license or boating experience?
2. What is the maximum number people for this type of boat?
3. What is the minimum age for renting / operating a boat?
4. Does the rental include an insurance?
5. What are the rules of navigation on the canals?
6. Do you take a deposit? / Do I need a credit card?
7. Where can I find the general terms and conditions?
Reservations and payment
1. How can I book / reserve a boat?
2. How far in advance should I book?
3. Why is my preferred time slot not available in the booking system on your website?
4. Can I reserve in advance and pay when I pick up the boat?
5. Will I receive confirmation of my reservation?
Cancellation and rescheduling
1. What is your cancellation policy? Can I cancel? What happens with bad weather / rain? Do I get a refund?
1. How long can I rent a boat for? What time slots are available?
2. Can I also rent a boat for less than three hours / for a one or two hour trip?
3. Can I extend my rental, before or during my trip?
4. What time do you close? Can I sail at night / after sun set?
5. Are you open all year round? Can I rent a boat during winter?
Rates / prices / tariffs / costs
1. What does it cost to rent a boat?
2. Will there be any additional costs / hidden charges?
1. What type of boat do you have? (size, type of engine, open or covered)?
2. How big is the boat?
3. How fast / slow is the boat? What is the maximum speed?
4. Do you rent boats with a captain / skipper?
5. Where can I find pictures / photo’s of the boats?
On board and on your way / during your rental
1. What should I bring along on board?
2. Can we bring a dog on the boat?
3. Do you provide life jackets / life vests?
4. Do you provide pillows or blankets?
5. Do you provide a map of the Amsterdam canals?
6. Is there a sound system on board? Can we play music on the boat?
7. What about alcohol and soft drugs on the boat?
8. What about smoking on the boat?
9. Can we stop somewhere along the way / can the boats be locked?
Location / route to our dock
1. What is your location? Where is your dock / jetty?
2. Where can I park my car?
1. Where can I go with my boat?
2. What routes do you recommend?
Catering / food and drinks
1. Do you provide catering / food and drinks on board?
2. Can we bring our own food and drinks on the boat?
3. Can we have a BBQ / barbecue / grill on the boat?
Company trip / group activity / staff event
1. Can you organize my corporate / staff event?
2. Can I rent your boats for my hen party / stag party / bachelor party?
3. Do you deliver or pick up boats at other locations?
King's Day ("Kingsday/Koningsdag") and Gay Pride / Canal Parade
1. Can I rent a boat at Kingsday? Can I rent a boat for the Gay Pride / Canal Parade?
Quiz tour / treasure hunt / gift voucher / gift certificate
1. Do you have a quiz / treasure hunt?
2. Do you have gift certificates / vouchers?