Corona / COVID-19 Policy
Yes, we’re open!
Boating with us is very corona-proof: everything is contactless, only upon reservation, only small groups are allowed and you’re outdoors.
Of course we follow the national “RIVM guidelines” to prevent contamination and the spread of the Coronavirus. That’s why we have adjusted our operation and our conditions. Please read carefully below.
Avoid direct contact and keep a distance of 1.5 metres
We have adapted our operation to avoid direct contact and to keep 1.5 metres distance. This means that our service is a little stricter and less personal than you are used to. We trust that:
* you and your party also adhere to 1.5 metres;
* you understand that some things may take a little longer than usual;
* you follow the instructions of our staff.
The 1.5 metres principle applies everywhere:
* to the other guests who rent a boat from us;
* at check-in, on the quayside and during the instructions by our employees;
* on the water with other people and boats.
Maximum number of people
Currently, the maximum group size that’s allowed is:
* in most cases max. 4 people per boat;
* only if all people are from the same household, 5 or 6 people per boat are allowed.
High fines for violation of Corona-rules
The water police and the municipality enforce the rules concerning group size. If you don’t follow the rules, you can be fined € 95,- per person.
City center canals are open
Also during the weekends the city center canals are open. So you can pick one of our beautiful city center routes, or make your own route on the Amsterdam canals and the Amstel river.
Payment online and by card, no cash accepted
We no longer accept cash payments. If you pre-book online, payment is included in the proces. If you make a reservation by phone or come by spontaneously, we will complete the payment on the spot with our mobile ATM, preferably contactless.
(Symptoms of) Corona/COVID-19? Act responsably and cancel for free
We trust that you will only rent a boat if your entire crew has no symptoms of Corona / COVID-19. If you or one of your crew has (symptoms of) Corona / COVID-19 please take your responsability and cancel your rental for free. Then you will receive a credit for a boat rental some other time. This credit is valid for a full year and may be transferred to another person.
1) The national, regional and local governments regularly adjust their policy and the associated guidelines and measures. We follow these and adjust our operation and conditions accordingly.
2) Did you find any contradiction between the above and other information on our website or our general terms and conditions? In that case the information above applies.
3) We try hard to minimize the risk of contamination. However, renting a boat with us is always at your own risk. In the event you catch the virus as a result of your boat trip, we cannot be held liable in any case.