Our policy concerning Corona / COVID-19
We’re open, but different than before!
Yes, you can rent a Boaty again! We follow the RIVM guidelines to prevent contamination and the spread of the Coronavirus. That’s why we have adjusted our operation and our conditions.
Please read carefully below. You can come and rent a boat with us only if you abide by our conditions.
Avoid direct contact and keep a distance of 1.5 metres
We have adapted our operation to avoid direct contact and to keep 1.5 metres distance. This means that our service is a little stricter and less personal than you are used to. We trust that:
* you and your party also adhere to 1.5 metres;
* you understand that some things may take a little longer than usual;
* you follow the instructions of our staff.
The 1.5 metres principle applies everywhere:
* to the other guests who rent a boat from us.
* at check-in, on the quayside and during the instructions by our employees;
* on the water with other people and boats.
Maximum number of people
The maximum number of people allowed on your boat depends on the composition of your group. People from different households must always keep 1.5 meters distance. The authorities use the following definition of a household: married or registered or other couples officially living in the same house, and their children and their parents officially living in that same house. According to the authorities student housing is not one household.
Before booking please make sure that your group size and composition is allowed on our boats:
allowed, regardless of group composition
* 1 household of 4 people
* 2 households of 2 people each
* 1 household of 3 people + 1 household of 1 person
NOT allowed if:
* the 4 people come from more than 2 households
* 1 household of 5 people
* 1 household of 3 people + 1 household of 2 person
* 1 household of 4 people + 1 household of 1 person
NOT allowed if:
* the 5 people come from more than 2 households
* 1 household of 6 people
NOT allowed if:
* the 6 people come from more than 1 household
At the bottum of this page you can have a look at the different seating arrangements for all group compositions that are allowed on our boats.
High fines for violation of Corona-rules
The water police and the municipality enforce the rules concerning group size and composition, and distance between people from different households. If you don’t follow the rules, you can be fined € 390 per person. Such fines are a reality on the Amsterdam canals, so be warned!
Not feeling well? Cancel your boat rental and get a full refund.
We trust that you will only rent a boat if your entire group feels 100% healthy. Stay at home if you or someone else in your group, household or family has a cold, sore throat, cough, sneeze, fever, muscle aches, loss of smell or taste, or other symptoms that could indicate Corona / COVID-19. Then call us to cancel your boat rental. You can pick a new date. Or if you prefer, you will receive a full refund.
Do not rent a boat if you or someone else in your party belongs to a risk group.
According to the RIVM, people over 70 and people with frail health belong to the risk group. Does that apply to you or someone else in your party? Please don’t come and sail with us at the moment, but postpone it until the situation has clearly improved.
City center canals are open again
The municipality has decided to reopen the city center canals. Also during the weekends the city center canals will remain open. That’s good news! You can pick one of our beautiful city center routes, or make your own route on the Amsterdam canals and the Amstel river.
Payment online and by card, no cash accepted
We no longer accept cash payments. If you pre-book online, payment is included in the proces. If you make a reservation by phone or come by spontaneously, we will complete the payment on the spot with our mobile ATM, preferably contactless.
We always clean our boats well for each new guest. Now we pay extra attention to the parts that you touch often: the throttle, the tiller and the map of the canals.
Cancelling your existing reservation
Do you already have a reservation with us? And is it not possible to make your trip, or not in the way you imagined? Please contact us, preferably via firstname.lastname@example.org. Then we will gladly convert the rental payment into a credit for another time. Or if you prefer, you will receive a full refund.
In doubt about making a new reservation?
Would you like to make a new reservation, but are you not sure whether that is a good idea? For the time being, we assume that the rules apply as described above. If government policy changes, we’ll adjust our rules. If that means that your trip cannot take place at all, or not in the way you had imagined when making your booking, we will refund the full rental amount. So don’t worry and book your boat now.
1) The national, regional and local governments regularly adjust their policy and the associated guidelines and measures. We follow these and adjust our operation and conditions accordingly. This may mean that your trip cannot take place at all, or not in the way you imagined. In that case we will refund you.
2) Did you find any contradiction between the above and other information on our website or our general terms and conditions? In that case the information above applies.
3) We try hard to minimize the risk of contamination. However, renting a boat with us is always at your own risk. In the event you catch the virus as a result of your boat trip, we cannot be held liable in any case.